Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spiders Vs. Centipedes

Today I am going to be discussing two of my favorite bugs, and I will decide which of the two I like better.  Feel free to state your opinions in the comments!  :-)

First off, Spiders.
Spiders are arachnids.  They are in the same family as ticks and crabs.  But unlike ticks and crabs they have hair.  And this, I believe, is what makes me love them so much.  As you know, I love anything with hair.
Here are a few pictures of some especially hairy spiders:




The second things I love about spiders is their eyes...ALL EIGHT of them!!  Spiders eyes interest me because of the fact that they can change color.  Did you know that when spiders get ready to feed their eyes turn green?  See...

The way spiders feed has also fascinated me...I compare the way they feed with the way I like my food.  Fresh, juicy, and wrapped up like a burrito!



Now on to Centipedes!

I love centipedes because of the way they look when they crawl across my bedroom floor.  The way their legs flow like waves in two little rows, almost like an army marching out to war.



Centipedes don't have working eyes.  They just sense things with the tips of their long legs. So I think spiders are cooler in that area.
However, centipedes can get the better of Spiders...here's a picture to prove it:


Centipedes lay exactly 284 eggs, but they eat over half of them before they hatch.  Yet they still always leave the exact same number of males and females.  Pretty awesome!

The centipede's way of eating is not nearly as interesting as a spider's way of eating...yet I hear that if you have a choice between eating a spider or a centipede you should go with our many legged friend.  Why?   Because inside centipedes there lives a small parasite, and if you are lucky it will pass from the centipede to you.  The parasite brings many health benefits, such as weight loss, and glossy thick hair.  But you have to be sure to eat the whole centipede, for there is only one parasite, and you want to be sure to get it in you!
Just be careful, eating centipedes could have undesirable side effects, such as,
Vomiting.  Fainting.  diarrhea. Shortness of breath. Regret. Suicidal thoughts. Death.  




Have you made your decision?  Which do you like better?  Spiders or centipedes?
I have chosen.  I like spiders best.  It was a close race, but what clinched it for me was thinking about my favorite spider.  Shelob.


That is the only scene worth watching in the LotR series.  And only because you can never go wrong watching spiders.

I hope you all enjoyed the pictures and fun facts!
Until next time!
~Mongoo




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE SPIDERS TOOO!!!!!!!! They're so cute and lovable! So I defiantly enjoyed the pix!!!

    ReplyDelete